University of California, Irvine (1990)
Santa Clara University Law School (1995)
State Bar of California – 1995
U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeal
U.S. District Courts in the Northern, Eastern and Central Districts of California.
Ms. Scarborough has a wide ranging practice that includes the areas of employment and housing, real estate, contracts, products and premises liability, and shelter law.
Since graduating from Santa Clara University Law School, Ms. Scarborough has represented individuals and businesses in both transactional and litigation matters. Ms. Scarborough has been a litigator for over 20 years. She started her career doing criminal defense work, at which she gained invaluable trial experience. For the past 16 years, Ms. Scarborough has focused on civil matters. In transactional matters, Ms. Scarborough has worked with a variety of clients to meet their individual needs. As a litigator, Ms. Scarborough has helped obtain great success for her clients in both State and Federal Courts in California.
Ms. Scarborough regularly represents clients in transactional matters in the following areas:
- Negotiating and drafting commercial and residential leases.
- Consulting with clients on employment matters, including hiring and termination, employment agreements, severance agreements, investigation of employee claims, including harassment and discrimination, Alternative Workweek schedules, employee handbooks, and wage and hour disputes.
- Preparing contracts regarding business transactions and non-disclosure agreements.
Ms. Scarborough has experience representing clients in State, Federal and Administrative Courts in the following areas:
- Property disputes, including nuisance and trespass and alleged breach of purchase and lease agreements.
- Unfair employment practices, including wage and hour disputes, and allegations of harassment and discrimination.
- Unfair housing disputes, including discrimination and failure to provide reasonable accommodations.
- Premises liability claims against businesses.
- Products liability disputes.
- Trademark and patent infringement actions.
In addition, Ms. Scarborough serves as general counsel for a large, local humane society and S.P.C.A., and serves on the Board of Directors for a local skincare company.